Since this music endeavor I am embarking on really should have nothing to do with me, and everything to do with God...I want to "test the waters" and potentially turn this into an actual Project, being worked on by more than just myself.
That's where you come in.
On this blog, I hope to post bits and pieces of songs. Whether it be lyrics, a guitar lead or chord progression...it doesn't matter. THEN, I want to collaborate with YOU. I want to get your ideas, thoughts and suggestions. God reveals bits of His character through His children (that's us)...so what better way to express our love and worship for Him, than by coming together and writing songs for Him. His body, working together to bring glory to Him. It's a cool thought.
One word of caution...
As much fun as writing songs and playing music can be. We (myself especially), need to make sure our hearts are right before the Lord and that we are focused on Him. As my mom said when I first told her about THE MIRROR PROJECT, "Remember, you can only reflect Him if you spend time with Him first." It's so true...how can we write songs and music to someone we don't know? Now, obviously I'm not accusing us of not knowing Him....HOWEVER, I want to make sure that everyone who wants to help understands that this is not to be used in hope of making a name for yourself, or getting rich and famous. There's plenty of opportunity to do that elsewhere. If you wish to help...join me in prayer that we would want to do this for one reason only: For His honor and Glory.
So spend time with Him, write lyrics and melodies, share your ideas and together I pray that this will be a sweet sound to His ears.
God bless you.
Josh
(For those who wish to contribute to The Mirror Project: UNDERGROUND, contact me via
Email: immortalspirit88@gmail.com
Facebook
Or just comment on this post. I will then add you to the list of contributers, so you can post lyrics, music, etc...)
This is great! So true about needing to know Him before we can reflect Him. We heard a great message that went over the need of seeking Him, recently. How we need to constantly be before Him.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I don't have anything to contribute, but was wondering if you are going to put up the Lyrics for the song you and Elliot did (Psalm 73)?